Why Kamp Tumaini?
HIV and AIDS
- Kenya is the country with the 4th largest number of HIV and AIDS infections in the world.
- Approximately 1.4 million Kenyans currently live with HIV. Around 160,000 of these are children.
- Children in families affected by HIV and AIDS experience stigma, isolation, fear, grief and loneliness. Many have lost parents and other loved ones to AIDS, and some are HIV positive themselves.
Guardians of Hope
- CBM’s Guardians of Hope program aims at HIV and AIDS prevention & support for those who are infected and their families.
- The program helps overcome stigma through education, assists with community development projects, and provides resources to help communities respond to needs of orphans.
- It has been operating in Kenya for over 10 years, to bring dignity, hope and transformation in the name of Jesus.